Chef’s Corner: HoliDDay Edition – Part 1
The holiDDay season has arrived and it’s time to celebrate with family and friends. If you’re hosting or attending a holiday party or gathering in the next few weeks, we’ve created two quick and simple recipes that you can make to share with your guests. Using some of our new and favorite holiday flavors, including Peppermint Mocha, Red Velvet and Salted Caramel, we put a twist on classic fondue and a poke cake that will be sure to spread some holiday cheer!
Peppermint Mocha FonDDue
• 3 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
• 1 Small Dunkin’ Donuts Peppermint Mocha Latte
• 50 Dunkin’ Donuts Munchkin® Donut Hole Treats (Red Velvet, Glazed, and Chocolate)
1. Place Chocolate chips in a bowl.
2. Pour Dunkin’ Donuts Peppermint Mocha Latte over chocolate chips and stir until smooth (microwave for 30 seconds at a time if needed)
3. Serve with Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats and skewers.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Poke Cake
• 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
• 3 Eggs
• 1/4 Cup Canola oil
• 3 Medium Dunkin’ Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (chilled)
• 2 Boxes Butterscotch Pudding (instant)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and one Dunkin’ Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour into a 9x13 cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the cake clean.
4. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.
5. Poke holes all over the top of the cake using the back of a wooden spoon.
6. In another bowl, combine the two remaining Dunkin’ Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolates with pudding mix and whisk until smooth.
7. Pour pudding over the cake and refrigerate overnight to set.
8. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.