Chef’s Corner: Coffee Spiked Chicken Mole Dish In Celebration of Cinco de Mayo
Did you know that you can cook with Dunkin’ Donuts coffee? In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, Dunkin’ Donuts’ culinary team whipped up a delicious Latin-inspired Chicken Mole dish featuring a coffee spiked mole sauce. This recipe is perfect for folks who are busy, but still want a great recipe to celebrate the occasion with a special dish. Don’t fret if you’re not the most accomplished chef, as our team purposely made this recipe easy to make, but with a flavorful “wow” factor for your dinner companions. All you have to do is stop at Dunkin’ during your morning coffee run and pick up an extra medium Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee to make this great recipe at home later in the day.
Coffee Spiked Chicken Mole Ingredients:
- 8 Chicken Thighs (skin on with bone)
- 1 TBS Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee (Medium)
- 8 oz Mole Sauce* (can be purchased at supermarket)
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1/8 TSP White Pepper
*Mole Sauce: A thick chocolate sauce infused with complexflavor layers of chili peppers. This simmer sauce can be found at specialty andEthnic stores and some supermarkets.
Preheat oven to 375 F
1. Marinate the thighs in the olive oil, garlic and cilantro salt and pepper in refrigeration for 6 hours.
2. Strain marinade through a mesh strainer.
3. Heat sauté pan over medium heat.
4. Place chicken thighs skin side down in sauté pan and sear for 4 minutes, then turn the chicken over and sear for an additional 4 minutes.
5. Cover thighs with mole sauce and coffee. Place thighs with mole sauce and coffee in the oven proof skillet and bake for 18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
6. Remove from pan with as much residual juices and sauce. Allow to cool a bit and serve warm with rice, veggies, beans….
Looking for more great cooking w/ Dunkin' recipes to try? Click here.