Chef's Corner: Pumpkin Muffin Cheesecake Pie
There is no denying that pumpkin is one of the best flavors of fall and here at Dunkin’ we are continuing the pumpkin celebration. This pumpkin season, I fell in love with the Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Muffin. Using this seasonal bakery item, I decided to make a quick and easy recipe that pumpkin lovers will enjoy. For my Pumpkin Muffin Cheesecake Pie, you will only need three ingredients, so make a quick trip to your local Dunkin’ to pick-up the three Pumpkin Muffins you will need and then to your local supermarket for the other two ingredients. While you’re at Dunkin’, enjoy a Pumpkin Iced or Hot Coffee to drink while you’re baking. That way you’ll have a whole pumpkin party going on in your kitchen!
• 3 Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Muffins (reserve 2 of the muffin tops)
• 2 TBSP Butter
• 1 Box of No Bake Cheesecake Mix (you can find this at your local supermarket)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, crush the Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Muffins into a fine crumb (reserving 2 muffin tops for topping the pie).
3. Add melted butter and combine thoroughly.
4. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 30 minutes or until firm and golden on the edges.
5. Allow crust to cool thoroughly.
6. Whip up cream cheese filling according to package directions.
7. Crumble the two reserved muffin tops on top of the pie.
8. Allow to set for as long as package instructions state.
9. Serve chilled with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.